- Enjoy the stunning view & visit the war bunkers on Hai Van Pass if time is permited
- Visit the majestic Khai Dinh Tomb
- Visit the former royal capital of Hue from 1802 to 1945 (the last feudal system of Viet Nam with Nguyen Dynasty), including the amazing:
- Imperial City,
- the Forbidden Purple City and
- the Emperor’s private residence
- Visit Thien Mu Heavenly Lady Pagoda
History of Hue city:
Located on the bank of Song Huong- Perfume River; Hue, the capital of ThuaThien Hue Province in Central Vietnam, is 700 km southern Hanoi, 1100km northern Ho Chi Minh City, and only a few miles from the sea. Up until 1945 Hue was the national capital, the political, cultural and religious centre of Vietnam under the control of Nguyen Dynasty. Most well-known for its historic values; Hue has been recognized as one of the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Our professional tour guide and driver will pick you up OUTSIDE the gate (Please provide us with your pick up & drop off time as detailed on your cruise ship schedule). Due to port restrictions, you will need to walk about 10 minutes away from the ship or use free GREEN SHUTTLE BUS from the ship to the gate outside. Please understand there is the port fee if the driver and tour guide picks you up from the ship.
It takes about 2 hours from Tien Sa port to Hue city.
We arrive in Hue and we visit the Citadel, Hue’s prime attraction, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor’s Private Residence. Hue has been known as the Imperial City of the Nguyen Emperors rising to glory during their reign from 1803 – 1945.
We then Visit Thien Mu Pagoda, considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue, Thien Mu is an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601. One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Saigon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime.
Then we head to the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui.
After seeing the major highlights of Hue and learning about the amazing history of its major significant buildings, we will then begin our drive back to the port and we will have you back at least one hour or more before departure.
PRICE: Please contact Tommy directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call/WhatsApp: +84 905044564 ( 24/24)
Tommy will offer you the best offer due to number of people on tour.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Licenced informative English speaking tour guide, other languages are available on request
- Modern AC SUV car or minivan, bus with safe driver
- Port permits
- Entrance tickets
- Best noodles with beef/pork for lunch (Bun Bo/Gio Hue)
- Toll and parking fees
- Cold bottles of water & cold towels
- Wifi available
- Personal tips
- Personal expenses such as shopping
WHAT TO BRING
- Sun-protection creams
- Long pants & shirts or T – shirt with sleeves in need
- Fully charged cameras
- Proper shoes
Cancellation policy: If the ship is unable to dock at the port as planned due to weather or mechanical issues, Tommy will refund the full amount of the deposit to you.