Escape the crowds in Hoi An for a half day and take a drive to Tam Thanh, also known as the Mural Village. This tour is ideal for families and allows you to see the rural areas near Hoi An.
TAM THANH VILLAGE AND MOTHER MOUNTAIN
- Enjoy the 45 minute drive from Hoi An or 90 minutes from Da Nang into the authentic Vietnamese countryside.
- Visit Tam Thanh fishing village which has been transformed into a mural paradise and discover over fifty murals that are were painted by Korean and Vietnamese artists and volunteers.
- Get a feel of the local community, culture, and the surrounding nature as you explore the painted village.
- Pay a visit to the Monument of Vietnamese Heroic Mother, built to honour all mothers that have lost their sons and daughters in the various wars. There is a vast image of the heroic mother Nguyen Thi Thu, she lost children and grandchildren in two wars.
- Visit Phu Ninh Lake on the way back to your hotel
Our tour program:
Our professional driver will pick you up from your Hoi An or Da Nang accommodation at an agreed time. It takes about 45 minutes from Hoi An to Tam Thanh, or 90 minutes from Da Nang. We will start our tour on the highway, through an area that is populated by a number of separate family and village cemeteries.
We then turn off onto little countryside roads, that wind their way through villages and little local settlements, where you will see Vietnamese rural life. Your driver will point out things of interest and we have allowed time for a few stops to take photos.
On arrival in Tam Thanh, your driver will help you to find the amazing murals, that were painted by Korean and Vietnamese artists and volunteers. These murals were part of a revitalisation program to attract more visitors to the village.
Tam Thanh was picked as a deserving place because its rural location meant it had missed out on the opportunities that tourism was bringing to Hoi An, Saigon and other destinations. It also had lots of houses close together which made it the ideal canvas.
Many of the murals are designed to be interactive and our guests that have done this tour have commented on the fun they had working out great photos.
After about an hour at the village, we then take you to pay a visit to the to the Monument of Vietnamese Heroic Mother, built to honour all mothers that have lost their sons and daughters in the various wars. There is a vast image of the heroic mother Nguyen Thi Thu, she lost children and grandchildren in two wars.
We will then take you back to your hotel via Phu Ninh Lake, an artificial lake used to control flooding in the district, where you can relax for a couple of hours before heading back. Food is available to purchase there or you might want to see if your hotel can pack you a picnic lunch. We will drop you back at your hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang in time to spend the afternoon relaxing.